School Name: Montessori School of Greater Hartford
Location: West Hartford, Connecticut
Employment Type: Full-Time
Start Date: 06/01/2024
Description: The Montessori School of Greater Hartford (MSGH) is currently conducting a search for a passionate, committed and highly qualified Head of School to lead a unique and close-knit school community with a highly dedicated and competent faculty and staff.
As its mission states, MSGH fosters a strong foundation for confident, compassionate participation in the world by nurturing each child’s unique gifts, passion for learning, and independence. As a community, we enrich families, live our diversity and embody the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) standards of excellence. You can read more about our school at www.msgh.org.
Founded in 1964, MSGH enrolls approximately 210 students and has a staff of 50. MSGH is fully committed to providing an authentic Montessori experience for all its students, aged fifteen months to fifteen years. MSGH has been consistently recognized by AMI since 1974 and is accredited by the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
The primary roles of the Head of School (HOS) are to embody and articulate the vision and mission of the school, and to manage its financial and operational health. This includes providing academic leadership; overseeing the marketing, admissions and recruitment processes; building the overall community; and recruiting and mentoring outstanding faculty and staff. The HOS serves as the school’s primary spokesperson to the larger community and main liaison with the Board of Trustees, to whom he/she will be accountable.
The Head of School also serves as the steward of the culture of MSGH, which is deeply rooted in the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) pedagogy and is responsible for championing and safeguarding this culture, which has been developed over the course of the school’s history.
To best serve the current and future needs of the school, we seek the following required credentials and/or experiences in qualified applicants:
– Bachelor’s degree
– Managerial/leadership experience within an educational setting
– Montessori credentials, training, or experience at any level
– Exceptional communication ability in both writing and presenting
– Demonstrated emotional intelligence
– Ability to start on or before July 1, 2024
We also strongly prefer the following credentials and/or experiences:
– AMI diploma at any level is highly preferred
– Master’s degree
– Management/leadership experience in a Montessori educational environment
– Previous experience as a teacher or school administrator
– Experience leading successful fundraising efforts is preferred
– Business training or MBA
To be considered for this position, please submit the following to the Head of School Search Committee, Montessori School of Greater Hartford, West Hartford, CT 06107 or to .
· Your resume
· An educational philosophy statement
· A brief cover letter describing why you are interested and why you think you are the right person to lead MSGH Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health insurance and a 403b retirement plan.
Non-Discrimination Policy: MSGH does not discriminate against any person in admission, employment, or otherwise on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender or sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (unless such disability prevents performance of the work involved), or on any other basis prohibited by law.